Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Spaghetti

I don't have pictures for either of these recipes! :( BUT they are both saved on my Pinterest board "Lunch/Dinner" and they're on Heather's Pinterest boards as well because she is who I pinned them from. :)

Last week I made Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie and it turned out scrumptious! The only thing that takes time is chopping up all of the vegetables but then you just throw everything in the crockpot and you're pretty much done! I added celery to the recipe and that added a nice touch as well.
I decided for our "crust" to make biscuits since those would be fast and the leftovers can be used with other meals as well. I pinned a DELICIOUS biscuit recipe from Pinterest and it honestly turned out to be flaky like the Pillsbury biscuits! I was pleasantly surprised. If you look at my board to find the recipe, I have two biscuit recipes pinned: one of them is for southern biscuits and uses cream cheese in the recipe and the other one has a lot more simple ingredients. The recipe I used was NOT the southern/cream cheese biscuit recipe! Use the other one! The steps for it seem a little silly since you're asked to fold the biscuit dough over and over again and I didn't intend to do this since I was in a time crunch, but I ended up doing it as I cut out the biscuits and reused the dough and, honestly, I DO believe that folding the dough like the instructions say adds to the flakiness! Anyway, they were pretty simple and quick to make and turned out very tasty. Oh! Follow the directions that say NOT to twist your biscuit cutter when cutting the biscuit dough. Just pull the cutter straight up. Apparently, twisting the cutter can change how flaky the biscuits are... I'm not sure why that is but I followed it and mine turned out very flaky! So... just fyi. :)

We put a couple of biscuits at the bottom of a bowl and topped it with the crockpot chicken/veggie mix and it was delicious!

Chicken spaghetti:

Again, another recipe I pinned from Heather and I wish I would have taken a pic of this because it totally sells the recipe! The picture on Pinterest is what hooked me, so take a look at my board if you're skeptical of what the final product of this recipe will be.

I'm currently cramming for a Praxis test that I take on Saturday so Jordon has been doing  a lot of the cooking and he made this last night and it turned out SO good! We used whole wheat noodles instead of white and we didn't have a can of Rotel (we usually do in the off brand) so we used a can of diced tomatoes and a small can of diced jalapenos. We didn't drain the diced tomatoes but we DID drain the jalapenos and mixed those together to make our "Rotel." The jalapenos made it VERY spicy... so next time we'll just wait until we have actual Rotel since that's a bit milder. :) But it still turned out so so good! Again, it's one you have to use the oven for. But Jord served it with salad and cut up celery and it was delicious! For leftovers today, we are going to have it with steamed zucchini. Just a couple of ideas.

Love, Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment